The Unlimited Desert Racer combines Pro-Scale™ performance with extreme 6s power for the most thrilling RC driving experience possible. It drives like a real desert truck because it's engineered like a real desert truck. A 4-link solid rear axle provides huge suspension travel with authentic driving dynamics. From the cantilever sway bars to the GTR shocks, Traxxas accurately reproduced a true desert racer in both form and function.
Pro-Scale is a new Traxxas innovation that captures true-scale realism and combines it with extreme 6s LiPo power and 50+ mph performance. The Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer faithfully captures the look and feel of Trophy Trucks and Unlimited Trick Trucks as they charge hard across the desert at full speed.
The Traxxas Unlimited Desert Racer is engineered on an authentic, true to scale 4-wheel drive desert race truck chassis. The 4-link solid rear axle design provides huge suspension travel with authentic driving dynamics. From the cantilever sway bars to the 8 GTR shocks, Traxxas has accurately reproduced a true unlimited desert race chassis in both form and function.
6S Extreme Powerhe 50+ mph Unlimited Desert Racer delivers its pro-level performance with brutal 6s power. The VXL-6s ESC combines massive power handling with high-tech telemetry features. An ultra-tough drivetrain harnesses the extreme power to make it easy to control and fun to drive.
Beneath the Unlimited Desert Racer's tough exterior and beautifully sculpted, fully-integrated tube frame chassis are the keys to its thrilling performance. Peer beneath the skin to discover what lies at the heart of this revolutionary new off-road vehicle:
Fixed One-Piece Body
The one-piece body attaches securely to the functional tube frame chassis in multiple locations for long-lasting durability and scale realism. With no body clips to pop off, this armor-tough body allows easy access to the electronic speed control and showcases the highly detailed suspension, cockpit, and tube frame chassis.
Impact absorbing front and rear bumpers soak up the hits to protect the chassis and provide rigid support for the fixed body.
Fixed Gear Mesh
Proper gear mesh is critical with high-torque 6s power systems. A thick aluminium motor plate with reliable fixed-pin gear mesh settings are used for perfect alignment.
Dual Bellcrank Steering
Built for the rigors of desert racing, fixed-length steering links are mounted to dual bellcranks with an integrated servo saver for precise, reliable steering.
Inverted Tub Chassis
The inverted tub chassis makes service and maintenance easy. Replace batteries without removing the body or drop the entire motor and transmission assembly as a single unit. This innovative design also concentrates weight as low as possible to lower the overall centre of gravity (CG) of the truck for superior handling and performance.
Protective Skid Plates
Integral to the inverted tub chassis, tough skid plates keep out debris and protect vital vehicle components. The two-piece design includes a separate door for the battery compartment that snaps in and out of position in just seconds.
Versatile Battery Compartment
The versatile battery compartment accommodates single 4s LiPo packs or dual 2s or 3s LiPo packs. A rugged battery strap locks into place to hold even the largest batteries securely. The strap attaches firmly to the frame so there are no clips to lose.
Fixed Battery Connectors
Fixed battery connectors make battery installation a breeze. The innovative design allows a range of single and dual-battery configurations to be used.
- Provides scale looks and authentic off-road driving dynamics
- Tough independent double-wishbone front suspension with captured rod ends
- Triangulated 4-link rear suspension with solid rear axle (patent pending)
- Tough composite trailing arms
- Steel upper links with 3 optional positions for suspension tuning
- Eight long-travel aluminum GTR shocks; four with springs and adjustable ride height collars
- Realistic and functional front and rear sway bars
- Detailed functional limit straps on rear axle
- Chassis mounted 2075X metal-gear servo
- Dual bellcrank design with bearings and integrated servo saver
- Solid non-adjustable steering links for rugged durability
- Steel CV driveshafts (front) with 6mm stub axles
- Steel straight axle (rear)
- Oil-filled limited slip front differential
- Locked steel spool (rear)
- Heavy-duty splined front driveshaft
- Fixed-length steel rear driveshaft
- All-steel gear direct drive transmission
- Torque-Biasing Centre Drive™
- Removes as a single piece for easy maintenance
- Fixed-pin gear mesh system
Wheels and Tyres
- Replica BFGoodrich® KR3 off-road tyres
- Beadlock-style 17mm dual-diameter wheels
||Electric - Brushless